Here are 10 easy ways to get going:
1. Pay Bills Online....Saves paper which Saves trees.
2. Read up on the best GREEN Products....Online of course
3. Use Native Plants....reduces the amount of water you need
4. Set your computer to sleep when not in use...Edison is a free software....visit www.verdiem.com to check it out
5. Recycle your CFL's (compact fluorescent light bulbs)....Free drop offs include most Home Depots and Ikea's
6. Install dimmer switches....Saves Energy....Visit www.1000bulbs.com to see where you can purchase CFL dimmer compatible bulbs
7. Program your thermostat....Saves Energy
8. Reverse ceiling fans....Winter it should turn clockwise and Summer counterclockwise
9. Install heat controlling window film...Saves Energy and Money
10. Look for the Energy Star Label, Water Sense Label, the Forest Stewardship Council Label and Green Seal Label to be sure you are using "GREEN" products
If you have any other easy suggestions we would love to hear from you!
"Together we are making a difference"