Friday, July 25, 2008

How to make your cake stand out!

So, you've baked all day, you got the icing just right, the rosebud decorations absolutley perfect - now what? You're going to showcase your masterpiece cake on a plain old dish????? Puuuhhleease.

Why not do what the professionals do? Put your cake on a silver cake plateau and let your guests oooh and ahhh over your spectacular creation!

I had this idea last year when my daughter was turning one. Now, granted, I didn't bake the cake, I bought it at Specialty Cakes in Lake Norman. But the point is, the cake was just way too beautiful not to show it off properly. So, I rented a cake plateau - oila!

I liked the idea so much, that I told my friends and family if they were looking for gift ideas for me at the holidays, well, I'd love a cake plateau! So, off Diva Michelle M. went in search of the silver plateaus and bought me one! She found several suppliers on the internet and you can get these beauties starting around just $40.

If you'r a hostessing nut like me, why stop at one? They make several shapes and sizes and you just don't know which one will strike your fancy the next time you're displaying your cake!


Let us know how you like to display your food at your parties!


No comments:

Easy Chicken Pasta

Easy Chicken Pasta

What's For Supper Ya'll?

White Beans, Pasta and Chicken
8 ounces dried cavatappi, fusilli, rotini, ditaloni, or other short pasta tubes
1 15- to 19-ounce can cannellini (white kidney) beans, rinsed and drained
1/2 cup chicken broth
3 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
1 tablespoon olive oil
6 plum tomatoes, coarsely chopped (about 2 cups)
12 ounces cooked chicken, shredded
1/4 cup snipped fresh Italian flat-leaf parsley
1/2 to 1 teaspoon cracked black pepper
1/2 teaspoon salt
Fresh Italian flat-leaf parsley sprigs (optional - I usually skip it)
Olive oil (optional - but I recommend at least a little for moisture)
Directions
1. In a large saucepan, cook pasta according to package directions; drain well and set aside.
2. In a blender or food processor, combine 3/4 cup of the beans and the chicken broth. Cover and blend or process until smooth. Place bean puree in pan used for cooking the pasta; bring to boiling. Return pasta to pan.
3. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook garlic in 1 tablespoon hot olive oil for 1 minute. Add tomatoes; cook for 1 minute. Add the remaining beans, shredded chicken, snipped parsley, pepper and salt. Heat through.
4. Add the tomato mixture to hot pasta; toss to cost. Top with parsley sprigs and additional olive oil. Serve immediately. Makes 4 servings.
Posted by Stacy Nelson, Easy Dinner Recipes.blogspot.com

Featured Charity of The Week

If you're looking for a cause...

American Red Cross